“I am the light of the world," says the Lord; "Whoever who follows me will have the light of life.” (John 8:12).

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Aug 5th

Layla is doing very well today. She will start her second round of meds in an attempt to close the valve in her heart, which would close normally in full term infants. (Did not know that). She was off the photo therapy for a full day, but she will resume the sun tanning lights because her counts have gone back up. She was taken off of one of her ventilators so she is now on regular air. The machine she is on encourages her to take some breaths on her own. She was lying on her tummy today and lifting her head up. The nurse said she is very active. She seems to be trying to grab hold of the tubing. I think with all that she has going on she is really thriving . I keep prayer over her, I sing to her, and I touch her as much as I can. It really is difficult to leave her and go home. We are starting a diary for her. All the kids want to tell her what's going on. I'll take it to her and read to her, so she can know all her brothers and sisters. I'll bet it will make for an interesting tale once she does come home. This will be something we can give her when she is old enough to read.She can see just how well she fit into our family and how no one wanted her left out of anything.
Love and prayers for my Sweet Layla
Kathleen

No comments: